The EDIA-PRO is an enhanced version of the proven EDIA-5 analyzer. To meet expectations of our customers we created a system for automatic evaluation of injection system parameters based on measured waveforms. This makes the diagnosis easier and faster. Additional possibility of fast evaluation of cylinder compression and ability to check starting performance along with control valve measurement mode are perfect complement to diagnostic capabilities of EDIA device.
Comparison of EDIA versions:
|Recording of injectors and pressure waveform||X||X|
|Performing manual measurement using markers||X||X|
|Automatic evaluation of injection parameters||X|
|Fast electrical measurement of cylinder compression||X|
|Easy diagnosis of a battery, starter, and alternator||X|
|Measurements of DRV and SCV/IMV valve control signals||X|
Additionally, the EDIA-PRO kit includes a set of five pressure sensor connectors compatible with different sensor manufacturers.
EDIA-PRO diagnostic system is an innovative solution for rapid diagnosis of Common Rail injection engines developed by Polish company DeltaTech Electronics. This device is useful in diagnosis of both electromagnetic and piezoelectric injectors. With its help it is possible also to analyze unit injectors control signals. Connected to a computer via USB port EDIA-PRO allows recording of injector current change of four injectors at the time and a signal from high pressure rail sensor.
With innovative probes it is possible to visualize injection signal with minimum interference, without removing the injectors or damaging wire insulation.
Recorded waveforms can be used for accurate diagnosis and failure detection of injectors, sensors, high pressure pump and other components of Common Rail system.
Unlike traditional oscilloscopes, difficult to use in a garage, EDIA-PRO offers simple and user-friendly operation, without complicated configuration. Acquired waveforms can be stored and compared with each other which gives the user additional possibilities.
EDIA-PRO allows accurate measurement of injection signal times of four injectors and enables to observe rail small pressure changes caused by working injectors.
Additional DRV and SCV/IMV valve measurement enables simultaneous acquisition of pressure waveform and control signals of both valves. With automatic PWM signal interpretation, the user receives easy to read set of pressure and PWM duty cycle waveforms (in %).
This gives very good diagnostic capabilities. An important advantage of the analyzer is small size, simplicity of use and favorable price.
With the EDIA-PRO system, we can obtain information on:
- electrical part of injection system
- hydraulic part of injection system
- overall engine condition
Diagnosis of the electrical part of injection system allows you to:
- check of injector solenoid condition or a piezoelectric stack through analysis of current control waveform of the injector;
- check connection (contact) quality through analysis of control waveform;
- check connection quality between injector plug and the controller;
- check controller high voltage capacitors charging;
- validate parameters (voltage, current, time) of control signals generated by ECU;
- check starting dose timing during engine start;
- verify correct operation of the rail pressure sensor.
Diagnosis of the hydraulic part of injection system allows you to:
- check the rate of rail pressure rise which gives information about functionality of high pressure pump;
- check the pressure of first injector opening at the time of engine starting;
- check the operation of individual injectors at the time of starting the engine;
- check the transition from starting dose to normal idling dose;
- check injection timing and dosage on idling;
- check injection timing and dosage on increasing speed;
- check injection timing and dosage on decreasing speed – reduced or no injections;
- check pilot injection timing and dosage;
- check main injection timing and dosage;
- check after-injection timing and dosage;
- check speed of pressure decay after switching off the engine;
- check rail control valve operation;
Diagnosis of the mechanical part of injection system allows you to:
check the difference in injection times resulting from efficiency of individual cylinders – different angular accelerations measured by ECU;
diagnosis of DRV and SCV/IMV valves by peforming PWM duty cycle measurments.
indirect check of individual cylinder tightness – cracked cylinder head gasket, piston rings, cylinder, piston, etc.
Additionally, PRO version offers:
- automatic evaluation of running engine parameters;
- troubleshooting tips in the form of messages;
- fast and automated measurement of cylinder compression by an indirect method for engines of 2 to 8 cylinders, both gasoline and Diesel;
- diagnosis of the vehicle electrical system – battery, starter and alternator of all types of cars.
|Supply voltage||5V DC (powered by USB, does not need external supply)|
|Voltage range pressure signal||0..5V|
|Voltage measurement accuracy||1%|
- EDIA-PRO device
- Measurement cable with injector probes and pressure signal connector
- Battery measurement cable with alligator clips
- Adapter cable for Bosch
- Adapter cable for Denso
- Adapter cable for Delphi
- Universal adapter cable with thin terminals
- Universal adapter cable with wide terminals
- USB cable
- User manual
- CD-ROM with software and driver