The RPT-5 device is used for performing an independent, parallel pressure measurement in storage fuel systems such as Common Rail (Diesel) and GDI/FSI (petrol). The tester, apart from pressure value, also diagnoses power supply of a sensor. Additional advantage is the capability of automatically detecting the terminals of the sensor, which is useful especially when using needle probes.
The device can be used to test injection systems of:
- passenger cars,
- trucks and buses,
- tractors and agricultural machinery,
- construction machines,
- electric power generators.
Not only does the tester allow to read the pressure value, but also to register the pressure waveforms in two modes:
- Pressure trend – slow-changing pressure waveform that shows the reaction of the system to changing operational conditions,
- Pressure pulsation – fast-changing waveform that shows fast pressure fluctuations connected with the operation of injectors and CR pump.
In addition, you can download an Android app that lets you remotely read the measured values. In this way you are able to look at waveforms in higher resolution and can save and later read data on a mobile device.
In the case of slow-changing waveforms (100 samples/s) it is possible to register continuous waveforms even for a dozen or more minutes, which provides unique diagnostic capabilities.
To fully check the sensor readings on a rail, we offer an optional cable of an external sensor for a chosen system. It allows to perform measurements with an additional sensor (an own sensor with hydraulic connector is required). An additional external sensor is powered by the tester and operates completely independently. You can carry out with it all the measurements; you can also use a comparison mode that allows to simultaneously read readings from both sensors.
- Voltage measurement: 0..7V
- Accuracy of measurement: 1%
- External sensor power supply (option): 5V DC, 50mA
- Power supply: built-in Li-ion battery
- Operating time: approx. 8 hours after full charge
Contents of the kit:
- The RPT-5 device
- Connecting cable
- Adapter for the Bosch system – type 1
- Adapter for the Delphi system
- Universal adapter – needle probes
- Mini USB cable
- 5V charger