The UInEx-2 ( Unit Injector Expert ) is a powerful tool for comprehensive diagnosis of unit injectors in passenger cars. It enables performing detailed electrical and mechanical tests, such as:
- BIP measurement,
- precise coil resistance measurement in range of milliohms,
- piezoelectric stack capacity measurement,
- insulation test – measurement of leakage currents under high voltage,
- result memory for up to 8 unit injectors.
- simulated operation with adjustable pulse duration and number of cycles,
- active synchronisation of solenoid operation with cambox drive,
- compensating BIP value when driving unit injector on the test bench,
- measurement of BIP value also without mechanical drive (e.g. in car),
- selection of electrical parameters of solenoid control signal.
up to 14A (peak)
|Number of unit injector control outputs
|Simulated injection parameters
frequency: 100…1500 injections/min
pulse duration 200…5000 us (resolution of 1 us)
|Programmable number of cycles
1-30000 or continuous mode
up to 8 injectors
up to 1200us
- UInEx-2 device,
- Resistance, capacitance and leakage measurement cable;
- Universal unit injector connection cable
- DC Power supply 12V/14.2A,
- User manual,
- Connector for bench RPM sensor,
- Spare fuses.
Shipping time: In stock!
Files for logged in buyers
Publicly available files
To be able to download files you need to log in.
Unfortunately, there are no downloads available.
- The sensor trip tester skips cycles or triggers at a wrong time at high RPM.
The most common cause of this behaviour is bad sensor mounting. During operation, vibrations detect pulses in the wrong place. Reduce the sensor distance to the minimum safe distance. You also need to check the sensor mounting in the cambox housing. There is also the phenomenon of sensor damage due to vibrations and fuel residues. There are sensors that last only a few months in such conditions.
- The device is uncertainly triggered by a signal from the RPM sensor over the entire RPM range.
These symptoms suggest excessive interference from surrounding devices. The basic thing is to check the earthing of the entire test bench. Additionally, you can ground the UInEx-2 housing to the bench ground (equalize the potentials – a special connector is included).
- During the BIP time measurement, the measurement accuracy indicator shows increased values (more than half).
The BIP measurement consists of a series of measurements on the basis of which the uniformity of the results is tested. When the measurements in the series start to have a different value, the device signals it with an increased indication of the error parameter. Such a state may occur due to bad electrical connections with the controlled element. Another possible cause is a jammed valve in the unit injector. This symptom may occur the first time you measure a component that is no longer used. After each series of measurements, the error value will decrease. In this case, this is typical behaviour.