TCR-4 tester is intended to diagnose the Common Rail injection systems. It is used to read values from the high pressure sensor and to control two control pressure valves at a time.
It can be used both to read the pressure and to control the control valves in a car as well as to diagnose the high-pressure pumps on the table. It is necessary to monitor the pressure in the container, thanks to which it is possible to assess adequately the state of the high pressure pump.
This tester can also be used to monitor the fuel pressure in the FSI-type injection systems.
Parameters of the tester
|Supply voltage||DC 12 … 15V|
|Current draw||up to 4A (fuse)|
|sensor supply voltage||5V|
|input range||0 … 5V|
|Controlling valve 1 and 2|
|PWM signal range||0 … 70%|
|PWM signal precision||0.05%|
|output amplitude||0V up to supply voltage|
|type of control||control of the ground terminal|
Function of the Tester TCR-4:
- Range of the SensorThis function allows you to enter the maximum working pressure (Pmax) of the high-pressure sensor, which is used in a tested car.
- Test of the circuitsAfter selecting this function, check the continuity of the following circuits:– High pressure sensor circuit
– Circuit of the valve 1
– Circuit of the valve 2
In order to test the continuity of each circuit, the tester is able to give an answer if the circuit correctly responds to a specific test signal.
In case of the test of the high pressure sensor circuit, the result does not give the absolute certainty about its error-free operation throughout the range of working pressures up to the pressure Pmax. Complete confidence can be obtained by observing the reading of the pressure sensor during the engine operation.
- The pump testThe pump test makes it possible to read the current value of high pressure, control up to two pressure regulating valves and obtaining parameters available in the additional functions.3.1. High Pressure Reading
Current pressure is read by the sensor of high pressure.
3.2. Additional functions
- function (a) – pressure pulsation – a maximum value of pressure changes within a specified period of time,
- function (b) – maximum pressure – is the maximum value of the pressure from the moment the measurement was started or from the moment it was brought to zero by an optional change of the control potentiometer position,
- function (c) – the pressure to be stabilizes by means of valve 1 – it is a constant reference pressure value, which the tester is trying to maintain by regulating the first valve control signal. Changes of this value shall be made with the control potentiometer. The accuracy of changes can be adjusted by pressing the appropriate button.
- function (d) – the pressure to be stabilized by means of valve 2 – it is a constant reference pressure value, which the tester is trying to maintain by regulating the second valve control signal. Changes of this value shall be made with the control potentiometer. The accuracy of the changes can be adjusted by pressing the appropriate button.
3.3. Changing the control valve 1
The change of the signal is performed with a control potentiometer. The accuracy of the changes can be adjusted by pressing the appropriate button.
3.4. Changing the control valve 2
The change of the signal is performed using a control potentiometer. The accuracy of the changes can be adjusted by pressing the appropriate button.